The AABLE Classroom at Hunterdon Central offers an individualized program targeting a student’s specific needs in the following areas:
The AABLE program is overseen by a BCBA and features structured teaching using strategies of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and data-based decisions to make meaningful change.
Key components of the AABLE Classroom:
- Data-based decisions
- Ongoing staff training
- Very low staff to student ratio
- Trained Special Education Teacher
- Collaboration with Speech Therapist, BCBA, and Teacher
- Parent training available by the Special Education Teacher
- Regular communication with parents to help generalize skills to home
- Inclusion in PALS electives with peers including PE, Art, Music, Cooking, and Workshop
- Prepares students for transition into the 18+ program which targets life skills and job sampling.