School Messenger App for Parents
Communications from Hunterdon central:
Parents receive communications from Hunterdon Central in a variety of ways.
- News and information is posted on our Homepage and website newsfeeds.
- Email, phone messages, and text messages are sent out via School Messenger, which is also the primary source for all emergency communications.
You can choose how to receive School Messenger notifications from Hunterdon Central:
- On your primary phone# (required)
- On additional phones (mobile)
- Via email (required)
- Via text messages to your mobile phone (strongly recommended for emergency communications)
In order to accurately deliver communications, you are asked to create your own contact preference profile, using School Messenger’s App.
Create Your School Messenger account & Contact Preferences:
- Parents/guardians can create or update a School Messenger Account by going to go.schoolmessenger.com and/or downloading the School Messenger App for their Apple or Android device.
- Parents/guardians can sign up for a School Messenger account using the email address that Hunterdon Central has on file in Aspen. You can also add other email addresses to your account, wherever you with to receive email communications from the high school (work, home, etc.).
- Parents/guardians with an existing account must use the email on file in Aspen as their login.
- If you don't remember your password, go to go.schoolmessenger.com to reset your password.
- Updates to School Messenger contact information can be made in Preferences.
Hunterdon Central strongly recommends choosing the text message option on your mobile phone as a preference for School Messenger communications.
Always contact your child's House Office when the student’s Home Phone number changes. Changes you make in School Messenger will allow the automated system to reach you at your new phone numbers, but that information does not get updated into your student’s official record at school. You can view House Office contact information here.