2020-2021 Instructional Information
Student Symptom-Free Assurance Form
On days when students will be on-campus, parent/guardians must complete a Covid-19 Daily Screening for Students Form and submit it prior to students' arrival. Information on the form, including instructions on where to find it in Aspen, are posted on the Covid Information Webpage
Overview of Instructional Plan:
Starting with the week of Monday, May 24, Hunterdon Central will expand our on-campus instruction. The Four-Day Program which has been in place since the beginning of March will become a Five-Day Program.
- In the Five-Day Program, students attend classes on-campus on Monday through Friday. Wednesdays will no longer be a remote instruction day.
- We continue to operate on our hybrid bell schedule, with Block 4 on-campus ending at noon and a remote instructional block from 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM. During the remote instructional block, students attend class sessions, meetings with teachers or staff members, school-hosted workshops, or other relevant virtual meetings.
- We will continue to follow our current A/B day rotation. During a 5-day week in that rotation, Monday and Thursday are A days; Tuesday and Friday are B days; Wednesday alternates between A and B days each 5-day week. Please see our A/B Day Calendar for 2020-2021.
- We will review utilization of our Two-Day Program over the coming weeks and may determine to close this program.
- Currently, in the Two-Day Program, all students are divided into two groups.
- Group 1 attends on-campus classes on Monday (A day) and Tuesday (B day). Group 2 attends on- campus classes on Thursday (A day) and Friday (B day).
- We continue to follow our hybrid bell schedule, with Block 4 on-campus ending at noon and a remote instructional block from 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM. During the remote instructional block, students attend class sessions, meetings with teachers or staff members, school-hosted workshops, or other relevant virtual meetings.
Please Note: Both staff and students must bring and wear their own masks on campus at all times (inside and outside buildings). The masks should follow this guidance from the Department of Health. Social distancing must be maintained wherever and as much as possible. Please note that this will not be possible in classrooms at all times.
Full Time Remote Program:
- Parents also have the option to roll their children in full-time remote learning, using a workflow in the Aspen parent portal. This option will continue to be offered as long as it is required by Governor Murphy.
The request to change an instructional program is available in Aspen, our Student Information System.
To change instructional options, parents must:
- Login to Aspen. Information on how to do that, or how to create a parent Aspen account can be found here.
- Once logged into Aspen, click on Student Learning Environment Request.
- Please note that cell phone or iPad users must first select View Full Site.
- Follow the instructions to select the desired instructional option.
- If there is no change being requested to a student's instructional program it is not necessary to make any changes in Aspen.
The instruction screen in Aspen will look like this:
After making the change request, you will receive an email with additional instructions.
Beginning on May 24, remote learning, unless chosen as the instructional program, will be as follows:
1:00 PM - 2:03 PM on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday:
This is a time for students and staff members to connect on a more individualized basis. Some uses for the time are listed below:
- Intentional/planned work with students
- Work with small groups/targeted groups (failing students, at-risk students, full-time remote students)
- Individualized meetings with students
- Collaboration time/student meetings for co-teachers
- Counselor meetings
- Wellness programming
Class meetings will be held virtually during this time in the first week of school. There will also be designated wellness programming options for students.
Tutorials will be held virtually from 2:03 PM to 2:50 PM on Mondays, Wednesday, and Thursdays. Students will be provided with a recurring virtual meeting link in either Google Meet or Zoom, which will be posted in Google Classrooms.
Student attendance is required daily, whether the student is in person or virtual. Teachers may mandate attendance for remote/virtual students during scheduled class time for synchronous interactions - this includes livestreaming classes, a live lesson or demo, a scheduled meeting or small group session with the teacher, a scheduled session for group work with other students in the class, etc.
Students will be required to wear IDs this year to assist with identification. Lanyards will be provided.
This year, we will not be distributing paper passes to students. We will be utilizing google calendar invites for student appointments. Students will have the ability to show the invite to the teacher either on their chromebook or their phone.
All students will be reminded to check their school email during the first 15 minutes of block 1 each day.
Please note that counselors will be meeting with students virtually and in-person during the school year.
Helpdesk/Central Hub Information:
Please use the following protocols when seeking support from the IT Department.
- Students should use this link to: Submit a Help Request to IT for Students
- Parents should use this link to: Submit a Help Request to IT for Parents
Students without Wireless Internet Access:
Students without wireless internet access should see their counselor in order to expedite the process of obtaining a jetpack device.
Additional information is available on the following webpages: