Naviance is a software program that offers a wide range of college search tools, career assessments, and college admissions data based on Hunterdon Central alumni.
Naviance can show the average GPA and standardized test scores of accepted Hunterdon Central at 5,000+ colleges and universities (student identities are protected.)
Naviance also provides information about a college or university, including the number of students who’ve applied, been accepted, and attended that school – all based on Hunterdon Central alumni. This is an important factor, as students are evaluated for college admission based on the context of their high school
NAVIANCE ALSO HAS THESE CAPABILITIES:
- Organize applications – Once senior year begins, Naviance becomes an organizational tool for deadlines and documents. Using the features under “colleges”, students can organize applications and track deadlines. Students may request transcripts electronically through Naviance.
- Research colleges – Perform a college search based on criteria like location, size, student body, and more. Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from Hunterdon Central students who have applied and been admitted.
- View college overlaps – Students often find schools that are a good academic fit, but want more schools just like it. By clicking on overlaps, students can see up to 10 more schools that are similar. This data is compiled through application analysis. Students who apply to one school will typically apply to the 10 college overlaps.
- Sign up for college visits – Hunterdon Central hosts over 125 individual college visits in the fall months. Find out which colleges are visiting our school and sign up to attend those sessions. A pass will be sent to the student on the morning of the visit.
- Utilize career tools – When students are looking for more insight about career options, Naviance can help. Through the Career Interest Profiler (“explore interests”) students can match their interests to specific careers (John Holland Career Theory). By clicking on “explore careers” students can learn specific information about many careers, including job description, salaries, outlook, education, and more.
- More options - Naviance allows students to search for scholarships, participate in school-wide surveys, communicate with their counselor, and create a resume.
HOW TO ACCESS NAVIANCE AS A STUDENT:
All students are assigned a registration code to allow them to access the Naviance system. These codes will be distributed to all 10th grade students in December during early college planning.
After students have received their registration code, they can access Naviance through MyHC: Students.
HOW TO ACCESS NAVIANCE AS A PARENT/GUARDIAN:
There are two ways that a parent may access Naviance.
- Once students register, they may share their username/password with their parents in order to navigate through the various features of the system.
- Once students register, a parent(s) may be added as a user. In order to get a registration code for the parent(s), the student or parent must contact their counselor or Mrs. Nuechterlein, College & Career Counselor, at email@example.com or (908) 284-7146.
HOW TO ACCESS NAVIANCE AS A GUEST:
To view Naviance without registering, use the “guest entrance”. Please note that parents/guardians will not be able to view their children's information when registered as a guest; however, several features of Naviance will still be available for viewing.
Please contact individual guidance counselors or Jennifer Nuechterlein, College & Career Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org or (908) 284-7146 with any questions about Naviance.