Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information
At the directive of the Office of the Governor, Hunterdon Central is closed, effective Monday, March 16, 2020. Online home instruction for all students begins on Tuesday, March 17, 2020. All extracurricular events and activities are canceled, effective Saturday, March 14, 2020. Updates to this directive will be posted to this website and sent to parents, students, and staff as soon as they are received.
Detailed information on online/virtual instruction can be found on this webpage: Information on Home Instruction
While television news and social media are providing non-stop coverage and rumors about the virus, much of the information presented is unsubstantiated. We strongly recommend using the following expert sources for facts and updates. They provide the best information on prevention strategies, how to protect yourself, and what to do if you think you are sick. :
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- New Jersey Department of Health Communicable Disease Service
- Hunterdon County Department of Health
This pandemic represents a significant disruption to all of our lives. Children, in particular, may struggle with this disruption, and may have difficulty talking about it. The Centers for Disease Control offers advice on how to talk to children about the virus and the disruptions that it is causing:
The following resources offer information on how to deal with anxiety and stress created by the virus and the isolation caused by social distancing:
- Centers for Disease Control: Manage Anxiety & Stress
- Anxiety & Depression Association of America: Coronavirus Anxiety - Expert Tips & Resources
- Is campus closed to all uses, including extracurricular activities and community use?
- How long will this closure last?
- How will students continue their studies?
- Is there a schedule for online instruction?
- What if a student's District Chromebook is broken or not working?
- What if a student does not have internet access at home?
- Will students receive grades for work during the closure?
- Are meals available during the closure?
- If a student needs help from a Counselor or a Student Assistance Counselor, how can they be reached?
- How can Vice Principals, House Office staff, or other staff members be contacted?
- What will happen to AP, NJSLA, and other standardized testing?