Fall Sports Guidelines
Below are guidelines that have been developed in accordance with those received from the Centers for Disease Control, New Jersey Department of Health, New Jersey Department of Education, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association, the Big Central Football Conference, the Skyland Conference, the Hunterdon Central School District and local health authorities.
- All students must submit the Daily Covid Screening Form each day in order to practice or participate in team events. This form will need to be filled out whether or not you attended in-person classes.
- All student-athletes must submit the pre-screening questionnaire for practices and events on Saturdays, Sundays, or holidays prior to a scheduled practice time or arrival time for an event.
- Coaches are required to wear face covering at all times, unless doing so would inhibit the coach’s health.
- Student-athletes are required to wear face coverings, unless doing so would inhibit the student’s health, the student is in extreme heat outdoors, or the student is engaged in high intensity aerobic or anaerobic activities. Students not actively participating or who are on the sidelines, are required to wear face coverings
- Officials are required to wear face coverings, unless doing so would inhibit the official’s health, the official is in extreme heat outdoors, or the official is engaged in high intensity aerobic or anaerobic activities.
- Due to recent studies, gaiter type masks are no longer permissible.
- Sharing of water bottles is strictly forbidden.
- Multi-station hydration units are strictly forbidden.
- Each student must provide his/her own water bottle labeled with his/her name
- The school staff shall provide methods for individuals to refill water bottles one at a time.
- Students and staff shall make every effort to wash their hands as often as possible.
- Hand sanitizer shall be accessible at all times.
- Workout apparel and uniforms shall not be kept at school after practices and contests.
- Workout apparel and uniforms shall be sanitized at home daily.
- Team equipment is to be sanitized daily.
- Locker Rooms will not be available to student athletes until further notice
- All athletes should come to practice and events ready to participate
- Student athletes are prohibited from changing any clothing on fields, parking lots, etc.
- Face coverings are required for all staff and students while on busses, unless it would inhibit the individual’s health.
- Schools shall maintain social distancing practices on busses to the maximum extent practical.
- Outdoor events remain limited to 500 people. Currently, the 500-person cap does not include participants on the field of play, including players, cheerleaders, coaches, officials, medical staff, etc.
- All spectators attending outdoor events must wear face coverings, unless it would inhibit the individual’s health.
- All spectators must follow social distance guidelines of 6 feet between individuals or family units.
- Ticket allotment will be determined in the next week or so.
- Tickets will not be sold at football games.
- Tickets will be made available to participants (football team members, cheerleaders, marching band members) in advance of the event.
- Tailgating on school premises is strictly forbidden.