Little Devils Preschool
Little Devils Preschool Accepting Applications for 2017-2018
Hunterdon Central's Family & Consumer Science Department offers a Preschool Program for community children ages 3 - 4. The program revolves around two early-learning, child development courses that help enrolled high school students interact, guide and learn about preschoolers. The Little Devils Preschool is part of these two courses and is accepting applications for the new high school year (October through May, during full day sessions of high school).
The high school courses offer an enriched preschool curriculum that targets the needs of the high school students and their understanding of early learning and the responsibilities of developing partnerships with parents in the preschool learning environment. There are two sections as follows:
- Classes for established 3 PLUS year olds (3 up to four) from 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Classes for 4 year olds from 8:00 AM - 10:15 AM on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
The courses target 15 high school students and ideally 15 community preschool age children to work as buddies in the child’s educational development. Registration for the school year begins sometime in May. The preschool begins in early October, and ends in May, only on days the high school has full day sessions. Enrollment fees are due in advance of the first day of preschool to hold a spot for your child. Checks should be made payable to Hunterdon Central Regional High School, with “Little Devils” written on the memo portion of the check. (Note: Please contact the appropriate preschool contact to confirm the registration fee.)
Children must be 3 or 4 years old by October 1 of the school year; thoroughly toilet trained (no pull-ups allowed), have developed self-help skills to toilet, change, feed and help themselves throughout the short time in the preschool. Most importantly, the preschoolers should not have separation anxiety, be able to say goodbye at the door and begin their daily activities. Solid, verbal communication, social skills, emotional and intellectual abilities are important in order to participate in the program. All current immunizations, including flu shots, are required and should be submitted for approval, prior to the first day of school, to the school nurse.
To download and print an application for the school year, please click the link on the right side of this webpage.
- For more information on the 3 PLUS year old program, contact Carole Cieless at: email@example.com
- For more information on the 4 year old program, contact Diane Scarbaci at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Devils Preschool Philosophy:
• Children learn best when actively involved with real materials, and they learn from the environment, each other and older children and adults.
• Children learn through play
• Childhood should be a journey not a race
• Each child entrusted to our responsibility is a precious gift which we gratefully share with parents
Little Devils Preschool Goals:• Develop self-esteem, self-control and independence.
• Learn to get along, play and communicate with others.
• Learn to follow instructions, transition from one activity to the next, and choose activities.
• Demonstrate respect and appreciation for others, practice manners and enhance social development.
• Identify strengths and challenges in large and small motor skill development.
• Develop skills in thinking, reasoning, problem solving and
FUN FOR THREES PLUS - LEARN ABOUT:
- Themselves, Family and Community
- Colors, Shapes, ABCs, Letter & Number Identification Recall
- Sign In, Circle Time, Routines, Transitions, Job Chart
- Pre-Reading & Pre-Writing using Handwriting Without Tears (HWT), Recitation of Rhymes, Dramatic Play and Puppetry
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Everyday Math (STEM) & STEAM (which adds Art)
FOCUS ON FOURS - LEARN ABOUT:
- Independence and Social Awareness
- Listening to Directions and Instructions
- Numbers and Math
- Letters and Writing Names and Basic Pre-Reading simple words.
- Science and Cooking using Inquiry Method
- Months, Days of the Week and Weather
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM)