Hunterdon Central: When You Have a Choice
Hunterdon Central Regional High School can be your school choice in 2021-2022.
Hunterdon Central has been a participant in the Interdistrict School Choice Program since the 2013-2014 school year. Choice students are eligible to participate in all programs offered at Hunterdon Central. Please explore this website to learn more about our academic, athletic and co-curricular programs and opportunities. Navigation links at the top of this webpage can be used to access information on all Hunterdon Central programs.
Read Hunterdon Central's mission and strategic plan here:
Destinations: The Strategic Plan for Hunterdon Central Regional High School
The number of Choice applications in previous years has exceeded the number of available seats. When this occurs, Hunterdon Central holds a lottery to determine accepted and waitlisted students, in accordance with State guidelines.
Hunterdon Central will begin accepting applications for the 2021-2022 school year on the date selected by the State of New Jersey. If a lottery is needed, the dates of the lottery will be posted here, as soon as the State's timeline becomes available. Parents/guardians will be notified by mail of the acceptance or waitlist status of their student.
Students attending one of our sending district schools as School Choice students must follow the application guidelines to be considered for enrollment at Hunterdon Central.
Central is approved to accept 4 new Choice students for the 2021-2022 school year. We reach out to students on our waitlist, as seats become available.
- Hunterdon Central offers an academically rigorous curriculum, with robust opportunities to challenge students over their high school career as they work towards achieving their potential. Students will develop their passions and have choices in their educational programming.
- Technology is an integral part of a Hunterdon Central education, promoting increased academic engagement and a high level of skill development. All students are issued a Chromebook, as part of Hunterdon Central's Student One-to-One initiative.
- Hunterdon Central offers student-athletes an Athletic Program of 33 highly competitive interscholastic sports teams.
- The high school also offers a strong Co-curricular Program of approximately 55 clubs and activities, including dramatics, student government, publications, service organizations, and award-winning choral and orchestral programs.
- Transportation services are the responsibility of the resident district. Please refer to the NJDOE web site, or contact your resident district with questions related to transportation of School Choice students.
- Transportation for families residing more than 20 miles from Hunterdon Central will be the responsibility of the student/parents/guardians.
- Information on choice school transportation, the definition of eligibility for transportation and procedures for applying for transportation services can be found here.